Hours and Admissions
The Museum is open every day except Mondays.
The Permanent Collections and the exhibitions are open from 10 AM to 6 PM.
The Hôtel de Cabrières-Sabatier d'Espeyran is open from 2 PM to 6 PM.
The Museum is closed on January 1st, May 1st, 1 November 1st and December 25th. The Museum may close on July 14th and August 15th. Please call ahead before coming on these dates.
The Musée Fabre is fully accessible to visitors with limited mobility.
There are also special systems for blind and visually impaired visitors and for deaf and hard of hearing visitors.
Audio guides for adults, children and hard of hearing visitors are available.
The admission ticket for the permanent collections is valid for the entire day.
For one euro more, visitors can also access the temporary exhibits.
Admission is free:
– The first Sunday of each month, on National Museum Day (Journée Nationale des Musées) and Heritage Days (Journées du Patrimoine) (only the permanent collections).
– For children under 6.
– French jobseekers and minimum social benefits recipients
– For youth under 18 and students under 26 residing in greater Montpellier; Students at the Ecole Supérieure des Beaux-Arts de Montpellier Agglomération, the Conservatoire à Rayonnement Régional de Montpellier, the Ecole d'Architecture de Montpellier, and the Université des Arts et des Lettres Paul Valéry without age condition.
– For conservateurs du patrimoine, members of ICOM (International Council of Museums) and ICOMOS (Monuments and Sites), members of the Association des Amis du musée Fabre, lecturers accredited by the French Ministries of Culture, Communication and Tourism, lecturers accredited by the Montpellier Tourist office, and journalists (for the permanents collections).
– For a guest invited by a member on Wednesdays from 6PM until 9PM.
|Admission prices||Permanent Collections||Permanent Collections + Hôtel Sabatier d'Espeyran||Hôtel Sabatier d'Espeyran||Temporary exhibitions (including access to permanent collections and Hôtel Sabatier d'Espeyran)|
|Full price||6 €||7 €||4 €||8 €|
|Pass'Agglo||5 €||6 €||3 €||7 €|
|Discounts*||4 €||5 €||2,50 €||6 €|
|Family Ticket (one or two adults with one to eight children)||12 €||12 €||8 €||15 €|
*Youth 6-18 living outside Greater Montpellier, Under-26 Students outside Greater Montpellier, Members of an association of the museums in Languedoc-Roussillon, members of the Maison des Artistes, employees of the DRAC Languedoc-Roussillon, Montpellier Agglomération, or on buying 10 tickets at a time.
|Guided tours for individuals||Permanent Collections||Hôtel Sabatier d'Espeyran||Temporary Exhibitions|
|Full price||8 €||8 €||11 €|
|Pass’Agglo||7 €||7 €||8 €|
Youth 6-18 who are not Greater Montpellier residents, students under 26, Friends of the Musée Fabre, Members of the Musée Fabre, jobseekers and minimum social benefits recipients*.
|5,50 €||5,50 €||7 €|
|Family Ticket (one or two adults with one to eight children)||12 € + 2 € per participant||8 € + 2 € per participant||15 € + 2 € per participant|
Guided tours for
groups (more than 10 people, reservations required)
|Permanent Collections||Hôtel Sabatier d'Espeyran||Temporary Exhibitions|
|Adults||130 €||155 € (audiophones inclus)||155 € (audiophones inclus)|
|Students||70 €||70 €||70 €|
|Subscription for 3 visits for 3 exhibitions||330 €|
**Individual guided tour: Youth 6-18 living outside Greater Montpellier, Under-26 Students outside Greater Montpellier, Museum Members, Members of the Association des Amis du Musée Fabre, Jobseekers, minimum social benefits Recipients
|Full price||30 €|
|Schools outside of Greater Montpellier||30 €|
|Inhabitants of Greater Montpellier||26 €|
|Youth under 26 and teachers/day camp leaders||15 €|