The Galerie des Colonnes was built circa 1875 to house the collection of Alfred Bruyas, and a selection of Old Master paintings. Today, the gallery presents large-format French paintings from the end of the reign of Louis XIV to the end of the reign of Louis XV (1680 to 1760). The collection includes a dozen "reception pieces" by Natoire, Troy etc., marking their creators' admission as members of the Académie Royale, together with an exceptional series of monumental canvases painted by Coypel for the Gallery of Aeneas at the Palais Royal in Paris. Visitors will also see works by Restout, Dulin etc., and the Montpellier-born artists Ranc and Raoux.
18 - The Gallery of Columns
© Musée Fabre / Montpellier Agglomération